Monday, June 13, 2011

Complimentary

I got one of those great compliments today that make me unreasonably happy.  Why, you ask?  Because someone complimented my cartilage.  A rush of happiness flew through me as I thought about how I have such lovely cartilage especially after 25 years of soccer.  This is like the times the dentist compliments my lovely white teeth.

These compliments make me giddy. Unreasonably so because I had nothing to do with it.  I just live my life with my lovely white teeth and awesome knee cartilage.

It makes up for the other things.  You know, the crap you do to yourself that you know you shouldn’t but you do anyway.

I’m going to take my freckles, bumpy waist, awesome cartilage, lovely teeth and bad knee for a walk and enjoy my life as I can.  Sometimes that is harder than others, but all these pieces together are me.  And we are living the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment